Wednesday, December 3, 2008

WW - Speaks for itself

Source


Yes, the dogs would love a chance to play again too Mr Pr*ck.....


This WW post deserves some words associated with it. This cartoon was posted on PBF on a thread about Vick.

There are numerous ongoing debates and threads (locked and unlocked) on pit bull forums concerning Vick returning to the NFL. There are those that say he deserves the right to make a living in the NFL - as he has paid for his crimes and those who do not want to see him in the NFL (the majority of people feel the later - no return to NFL).

IMHO - he does have a right to a job - to make a living. But I believe that job should NOT be with the NFL in any capacity. Besides what he did with the dogs, the fighting and the executing (or should I say torturing the dogs), he also gambled - a big NO-NO in professional sports. And most children look up to sports figures as sort of role models and icons. A man like Vick blew his chance at that role - ....i don't want him to be a role model for any child......He blew his position to make millions.

Again, this is just IMHO. Do I believe people can change? absolutely..Do I believe he deserves a second chance - yes BUT... NOT in the NFL. Playing professional sports is a privilege and responsibility . I don't believe he has the right to that privilege. And I don't want to see him doing community service any where near dogs...Working at an animal shelter or with rescues - WTH? Some people suggested that - THUD THUD THUD (me banging my head against the desk). I don't want him near ANY ANIMALS!

Not once during any interview, any press conference (before or after pleading guilty) did he once apologize what he did to the dogs. It was all about apologizing to the NFL big wigs and his fans. I am sure he was "sorry" for losing those big money contracts and maybe his NFL career. And that says more to me about him and his so called "remorse"...

RIP dogs.
And to those vick dogs surviving - VICTORY TO YOU!

No comments: