Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Day 29

Day 29 April 2

Restless night where we  (sort of) slept on dog beds in the kitchen.  I need to be close to him.

He isn't ok.  His PCV was 32 this morning. However his gums are a pale pink and he is having a hard time walking. He drank a huge bowl of water this morning.  *we are on watch*

I asked about it spreading to his lungs or heart.  The Vet told me a rupture in his abdominal would take him out before it spread to his lungs or heart.

He has been sleeping all day in my office.  He isn't getting up when I leave.  He looks like he doesn't feel well.  I can tell.  You can tell when you dog isn't feeling right..   I am trying not to over think, over feel, over worry or over dramatize.  However..........Good news is  appetite still good :-)

I put a call into holistic vet.  She game me 3 red tablets of Yunnan Paiyao   for when I *believe* he has an internal bleed.  I can't recall dosage.  I guess too, I can order the 8 day supply for $60.00 *rme*  I am afraid to give it, however I have to trust I have them for a reason....

Does this look like a dog who isn't feeling well?  :-(

On a bright note..

HB 97 has been signed into law.  That is right - No BSL in Utah!  In honor of this historic advancement in Utah, here is a photo of Miss Maddie


**  I decided to give our holistic vet a call.  I then made the decision, keeping faith ad coincidence in my forefront, to give Jake the emergency Yunnan Paiyao.   I made the decision too, to start him on some of the chinese herbs she prescribed.

Jake was back to his normal self while home.  He seemed a little more energetic and alert.  He even followed me around. I know it is a good night when he follows me and actively jumps up on the bed by me.  He is still drinking a large amount of water so we were up a few times in the middle of the night so he could urinate.  However, back in my bed he went.  I made sure to hit the snooze 3 extra times so I can relish the moment.

No comments: