Sunday, November 9, 2008

Tennis Court Blues

Neeko and Jake went to flyball and then to visit their Grammy and Grampy. Grammy & Grampy basically helped raise Jake. They are the reason he wasn't sent to the POUND numerous times during his first 6 months of life - LOL They also own Jake's Alpha - Cubby - the only dog on this green earth that Jake bows down to. Jake follows Cubby's lead and if Cubby gives him any type of warning - Jake heeds it. If Cubby gives Jake the stink eye; Jake backs up and usually lays down with a "oh sh*t" look on his face. And Jake acts like a total puppy around Cubby. Cubby is a terrier mix all of about 40 lbs - and 13 years old. But he taught Jake the ways of the dog world and helped to raise Jake with Grammy and Grampy.

Oh yea - the point of my post....

So I felt bad because Maddie and Zoe were home will Daddy all day while he played video games (yes he is one of those guys). So needless to say, they probably ate crappy human food snacks, had bacon and eggs for breakfast, licked plates, and slept all day. I thought - hey I will take the girls to the local tennis court for some chuck it play. It's fenced in and Maddie can run and run and run.

Well, they loved it but their feet did not. I noticed them limping so we went to the car. Once in, I noticed blood on my front seat. Yep, both had blown their pads and Maddie even injured the pad right below the dewlaw on both feet.

So, I went home and washed their feet and applied some Vitamin E. Guess Maddie likes liquid Vitamin E Oil cause she licked it off her feet and then licked it off Zoe!

Oh well, guess tennis courts are out unless it is packed with snow.

And all I will hear as I sleep tonight, are dogs licking their wounds.........

5 comments:

myspoileddogs said...

I can imagine the tennis courts have a pretty rough surface!! ICK. Hope those cute girls feel better soon!

R3K9S said...

Me too. Poor Zoe was limping this morning...And Maddie's feet are worse than hers!

I crumbled last night, and let Maddie sleep in the bed with me. We snuggled all night....

Tatum Tot said...

Ooops! :) Chase has blown out his pads more than once, too! I haven't yet.. though the Mum says maybe next year when we go to camp... she has to toughen up my pads!

Astrid said...

Poor kids.
How are they doing today?

R3K9S said...

Zoe seems to be fine. Maddie - well she is limping as the sore is on a pressure point. So I am keeping her confined to one room so she isn't chasing or playing with Zoe or her cat or getting the zoomies. I want her off her feet as much as possible - and she seems happy to do so.

Tell you what - I feel like a COMPLETE dumb @ss! But, I have heard/read so many people suggest tennis courts for their dogs to run off leash...Guess it's not for my kids....