Sunday, March 9, 2014

Day 5

Day 5 March 9th.

*nightmares*  One was I witnessed a blue PB attacking a person.  Then it turned on it's owner.  I stood there watching, not moving, just observing and feeling so powerless.  Immediately following I was in my house.  Jake was bleeding from his anus.  I walked into my kitchen, put hand on the stove and knew I had to make 'the decision'.  It was gut-wrenching.  I could feel the shock, the punch in the stomach, the powerlessness in my dream.  *I will not dwell on the dreams*

Regardless of the above, I once again made it a great day for all of us!

We slept in this morning.  Jake wasn't on bed with me, but I am not going to force him. He did jump up this morning and laid horizontal across it, right in the middle.  He then proceeded to growl and jump off when Zoe and I dared to try and get comfortable. *that is the dog I know and love* lol

He seemed to feel well today.  I wrestled with leaving and getting the other dogs exercise. If he is having a bad day, I want to be near. If he has a good day, I want to be near too to enjoy my puppy.   I knew I needed to exercise Maddie. She has been extra needy lately and I know it's lack of exercise and one on one time. Zoe needed time too. She keeps getting left behind. AND, I also wanted to spend afternoon with Jake.  How many hours in a day?

 So, I devised "musical walks" with dogs.  I first took Maddie to the park and walked three rounds.  We ran too. I have some pent up anxiety and energy I needed to dump.  Once finished,  I ran home and grabbed Zoe.  We did a short 45 minute hike up Millcreek.  I ran home, grabbed Jake and we were at the park by 4.


We stayed a good two hours at the park.  I contemplated walking him a few times. I changed my mind seeing him content sleeping in the grass.




There were a few people walking around in our vicinity playing Frisbee and chuck it .  He got up once. However, he wasn't barking an pulling to play.  He saw his nemesis, the evil GSD.  He payed attention, sniffed the air and watched him walk by.

Captured a few more shots.  I like these because they show the true color of his eyes....




Back to work tomorrow. 
PS - I ate spoiled chicken tonight.  I did not eat a a lot.  After a few bites I remembered I bought the chicken this past Tuesday.  *pay attention Annie*