Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Doga

Tonight, Jake and I will attend Doga class, held by one of our favorite trainers.

We went last week, and I really enjoyed it. So did Jake - well except when I tried to put my legs up-over his back. He gave me a "I don't think so Mom lady". Not only did we do some poses, but we did some visualizations and transfer of energy and light from human to dog (I eat that stuff up. I have used it before with humans, but not with one of my dogs - pretty cool!). He did really well on the stretch parts and a few times he wanted to blow off the pose for a belly rub - LOL he can be so funny sometime. Jake has been getting muscle rubs since he was a pup - his Grammy started doing it and I picked it up from her. He usually gets a nice massage before he falls asleep. So he is use to it.

There were times I felt really in tune with him; to the point that I felt almost tears of joy coming to the surface; almost overwhelmed with joy and gratitude that we have each other. For a few poses, Anna took him up front to demonstrate to the rest of the class a pose. As i looked at him up there, I will filled with warmth and pride watching him. His shiny coat, the wag of his tail, his bright eyes, remembering the puppy in him... Of course, he did not take his eyes off me :)

"Jake?" you ask. Jake participates at Doga? Jake calms down for Doga? Jake doesn't bark at Doga? Jake has a relax switch?????

It may surprise many of you, but Jake does have an off switch. At home, he is pretty laid back and relaxed, except when he needs to referee the girls play. Mostly you will find him laying on one of the many dog beds in the house or in the spare bedroom; it depend on what room his Mom is in :)

3 comments:

BC Insanity said...

Well of course he's calm at home.... he's storing up on the energy for every flyball practice.
Smart guy!
G.

Astrid said...

Sounds like you have taught him to be a balanced dog.

R3K9S said...

Balanced - lol (sorry Jake, I just find that very funny) Interesting thought...

Yep, saving all his energy for running and barking at flyball....