Tuesday, January 13, 2009

All they do is sleep

I spent yesterday afternoon working from home. Working from home today too.

All the dogs do during the day mostly, is sleep. I already assumed that is what they did. I really haven't spent a day working from home in a while. It is interesting to observe their behavior. Maddie is curled up in the corner of the sectional. Jake is upstairs on the spare bed. Zoe is on the third step going up stairs. Neeko - well she is sitting erect in the Xpen - whining on and off. I will not/can not go get her out. It's killing me. But she has to get use to it..I peek my head in once in a while and boy do I get the stink eye. The way she looks at me sometimes, makes her look like she has a little pitty or terrier in there somewhere.

Zoe, about every hour, feels the need to come over, paw at me and start barking. It's not her potty bark - it's her "hey I am here Mom. Show me some attention bark." Maddie likes to get up every once in a while an check in, giving me her big bully kiss, but mostly she stays in the living room on the couch. Jake doesn't do much - stays on the bed and gets a drink once in a while.

I notice if the dogs start barking - Neeko starts in and I hear the x pen walls shaking.

There are kids riding skate boards up and down the sidewalk and making tons of noise outside. Neeko is going NUTS! And of course the others are now starting in. I am just going to sit here and ignore it..Sit on your hands Ann,,,,,,She is calming down now...Did not last too long

I have to admit. I really like working from home. But if I did it everyday, I don't know if I would like it so much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Our dogs mostly sleep too. Lucy will bring me toys if she's hungry (she eats 4 times a day now), and sometimes Tatum will entice another dog to go out back and play... but even when we go camping and they can run all day, they still mostly sleep!

I love working from home. And now I want to go camping!