Thursday, August 7, 2008

Peaches was adopted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


If you follow my blog, which I think maybe 2 people do - lol, you might remember my post about Peaches http://r3k9s.blogspot.com/2008/07/peaches-needs-new-home.html

Peaches has found a home! I am crying!

Denise with Behave! (www.behavetraining.com) met Peaches today and TOOK HER HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Denise trains drug dogs and really loved Peaches drive.


I don't know why this girl touched me so much. Maybe it was the potential she had, maybe it was the reason she was given up, maybe it was b/c she was a cold APBT and i would hate to see her PTS with so much talent - I just don't know.

What I think is that it was her potential and she was good with other dogs. Miss Maddie has potential but she is so hot when it comes to other dogs. I think of what a sheltered life Maddie lives...Don't get me wrong - Maddie has a good life, but she is so limited in the activities she can do - she can't do flyball, Course a Lure, no Tanner or other dog activites. I sometimes wonder if she would be better with someone else - someone who can help her with her DA - but I have to remember DA can be managed not cured....So, in my mind I am always comparing Maddie to other APBT and wishing she was like the cold dogs. I know that isn't right of me - I should accept Maddie as she is but I still do it because I am just messed up in my head like that. OK That was totally OT

Back to Peaches

This news totally made my day. This news has totally turned my mood around. OT again - LOL I was a little down this morning and beating myself up. I don't eat fast food often but I was so tempted to stop at Del Taco and get myself deluxe chili cheese fries last night!!!!! When I am upset I eat... Jake's box turns were awful last night - he walks off the box - no snapping and that is my fault - I made the ball his reward so he has nothing to run back to.

Thanks again Ellena at PNWPBR for fighting for Peaches. Ellena is truly an PB angel!

No comments: