Thursday, August 14, 2008

Dog back pack

I purchased a Ruff Wear backpack for the dogs last night. It was kind of expensive - $80.00

I searched online this morning and found an Outward Hound backpack for only $20.00 . So I ordered that and will return the Ruff Wear.

Why a backpack? Well, I think it will help the dogs build endurance on our walks. I can put some water bottles in the pack. And it might tire them out easier - mostly for Miss Maddie - lol

Jake needs to build his endurance. Last year I was able to get up at 5 and Rollerblade with the dogs (one at a time). This year I just can't get up that early. So, I am slacking and it is showing up in my dogs performance.

So, as soon as I get it I will show photos.

6 comments:

myspoileddogs said...

I have a nice backpack you could just borrow if you would rather do that?? It should fit your dogs. it's slightly too big for dylan.

myspoileddogs said...

BTW I never use it except maybe once a year or so if I am camping.

R3K9S said...

CAPR! Wish I would have spoken to you first. I already paid via paypal for the item...
Thanks anyways!

Happy Healthy Pup said...

A weighted backpack can also help to calm a dog, as long as the pressure is evenly applied!

I am sure the kids will love it!

R3K9S said...

Really? That is good to know. A certain dog I know needs all the "calming" help she can get - lol

Thanks again,
Ann

Anonymous said...

Caesar loves his backpack, I think it's a great idea! I think dogs enjoying having the extra "job" to do while they walk.