Sunday, January 11, 2009

What to do

So, after Friday's incident, I had to do something to contain Neeko yesterday while we were at work.

I left her in the front room alone. I puppy proofed the room. I took the x-pen and made it into a rectangle. I put that in front of the opening between the kitchen and the front room. I figured in order to get out - she would have to jump into the x-pen and then back out. I also put a baby gate on the kitchen side just in case.

Billy called when he got home from work. She stayed in the room - no damage - but she took two #2's in the room and he wasn't happy about it AT ALL. He pretty much said - figure something out or off she goes ;( But, he has said that about all the dogs during puppy hood and when he is upset. Poop is no problem in my book - better than coming home to a hurt puppy. But I am not him and he is not me.

I am going to email Cynthia and see if i can get the top for the X pen. Maybe secure it down with bungee cords or something.

Score - Neeko - 3 Me - 1

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh dam.. maybe if you get a top for the xpen that will work.. or maybe a tie out in the room? and dont feed her breakfast before you go to work..