Saturday, January 10, 2009

Not a favorite moment of the day!

That is what I came home to yesterday. Yes, I was freaking out..There is blood on the carpet on the left hand side too.

First thought was "fudge" well not that word, but the other one. Second was "can I make it to the vet in time".

I grabbed Neek out of the crate. I immediately looked into her mouth thinking she must have ripped a tooth out. There was just so much blood! Nope - nothing. I checked her body over. I saw dried blood on the top of both paws. Then I looked at the nails - also lots of dried blood. I am thinking she was trying to claw her way out of the crate. All the bleeding had stopped by time I arrived home. She seemed to be walking jumping and running fine - so I did not take her to the vet.

what to do...what to do.. No plastic veri kennel - saftey issue. No x pen (you know what she can do) and no wire crates (again saftey issue). There isn't another room I can put her in - she is a puppy still and enjoys the game of destroy and urination...I can leave her in the front room with a baby gate. But putting up a baby gate may not work as she would just jump it and proceed to try to get to Maddie. We are going to try this Saturday but block the gate so she can't jump over. I can't leave her with Jake and Zoe - they both tell her where the bear poo's..Plus if her and Zoe start playing that will just aggravate Maddie - and I don't want her to be so frustrated that she destroys something in the family room and hurts herself in the process.

ME gave me some good ideas and we are going to look into it.

Paws crossed I get inspired today with a workable solution.

3 comments:

myspoileddogs said...

have you thought about an x pen with a top on it? You can buy tops so the dog cannot get out of them?

Cynthia Blue said...

I have an xpen top if you need one. It's not that secure but you can probably make it secure enough.

It's a pain to keep these dogs confined I know. I used to have a rescue greyhound who could get out of a plastic vari kennel. Ugh!

R3K9S said...

Oh Cyn! Really?? I will email you.
This would so help!