Thursday, July 17, 2008

Apology from Vet and Owner

I had to take Jake in for his shots on Monday.

While there, I received an apology from my Vet for her mother's (owners) behavior. She said she hopes I know the rest of the office doesn't feel that way.

The Vet tech also spoke with me. She said "did the vet call you Saturday?", I said no. She said she told the Vet about the conversation and thought the Vet would have called me. I told her she did apologize when i came into the office.

In addition, as I was checking out, the Owner came over and apologized to me. She said it was just a bad morning and she had witnessed two Pits roaming the neighborhood terrorizing her neighbors dogs - once again Irresponsible owners! She said over and over again, that she knows I am a responsible owner. She said I take excellent care of my animals etc...That was nice to hear, but still.

I told them both I appreciated the apology.

But,If they were really sorry and valued us as clients, I should have received a call asap. At least IMHO

So, I don't think I will be taking Maddie back - the more I think of it - the more I am swayed to find a new vet for her. Sure, we could continue to go...But if they already have the breed in a negative light, I don't want to compound that. Why would I compound those negative thoughts? Well, Miss Maddie is very very DA. If the owner continues to see her behavior, no matter how sweet Miss Maddie is to humans, it will just add fuel to her negative feelings towards the breed. And I don't want to do that...

But a small miracle happened at the Sandy City Meeting. Reminds me, Coincidence is God's way of remaining anynonmous

A vet in Sandy got up at the council meeting saying "the only dangerous part of a Pit Bull is their tail" - I lmao! I will be looking up this vet and her office. I will be calling them to see if they would take on Miss Maddie as a client.
http://www.americanpaws.com/

I was also told of another vet that works with all types of animals - Dr Williams at Southeast Valley.

So this is good - I now have some options

1 comment:

myspoileddogs said...

I agree they should have called right away......or just kept their mouths shut to begin with. I hope the vet that spoke at city council meeting will take on Maddie. She seemed like a good pit bull person.