Thursday, April 24, 2014

Day 47 - Sunday April 20th Easter



Below are the Easter goodies Peter Rabbit brought for the crew.  

  Jake enjoyed his


Church, hike with Maddie and then brunch with a friend and her family.  Afterwards, I felt the need to go back to the mountains.  This time with Jake and Zoe.  I wanted Jake to be in the mountains a few more times.  His journey is coming to a close (reality).  So, up we went.  I was surprised at his alertness and energy.  We got out and visited a campsite.  Someone even drank from the strean and plopped himself down.  



 We walked around a bit and sat.  There were many families celebrating the holiday with a cook out.  So, Jake and Zoe's nose were on high alert...





 My boy was happy. Zoe and I were happy to see him happy.  If that was his last day on earth, it would be fine with me.  It was the perfect day for both of us.

I am trying to live each day as if it is Jake's last.  It is hard to do during the work week.  However, I try to at least take a drive with him or snuggle, even if he does growl.



No comments: