Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Day 20 and Day 21 and day 22

March 24 and March 25 and March 26
He is feeling GOOD!

He is eating well.  He is sleeping with the mom lady.

I brought his BFF with him today to hang out in the car at work.  We went to a local park at lunch.

They are such peas in the pod
Jake basically comes everywhere with me.  There are some exceptions to the rule :-)  I can't bring him along when I walk Zoe or Maddie.  I couldn't bare to leave him alone in the car as I walked one of the others.  I try not to leave him for more than an hour.  Ok - I won't leave him more than an hour.   I wouldn't have it any other way, I don't want regrets.

Day 22 I got a wild hair and decided i need to be proactive in Jake's care. I believe he should be on some type of supplement, I need ot do something for him instead of sitting idle, just waiting. he deserves me to take action... Guess it is my powerlessness - the unmanageablity. I should have some power in this. I should manage this in some way.. I just have this overwhelming feeling like I am not doing something to help him. I feel like I am idle. I should be actively be trying to help him fight this. To elongate his life. I know it will take him out. But shouldn't I be trying to fight it?
Should I maybe go for a second opinion?  
Just having a moment where I feel like I am not doing enough to help him...Like I have given up. I don't think it is fair to him that I am not fighting for him - via supplements, doctors, chemo surgery. So many stories I have read - people are going the distance to fight it. I am not. I am beginning to feel I am being unfair to Jake that I am not going to any lengths for him.
I made some calls to our local holsitic vet.  She is booked as is the other doctor in the office.
I made some more calls.... I made some more calls....

Finally decided to message our previous nutritionist and behaviorist.

Then I called another local vet and got an appointment for Saturday,  A consult is really inexpensive.  We shall see what she says.