Saturday, March 15, 2014

Day 11

Day 11 March 15
Exercised Zoe and Maddie this morning.  They are both acting like they are on a sugar high.

 I zoom thru their walk.  I didn't enjoy it at all.  Maddie just wanted to sniff and sit in the sun.  I kept hurrying her.  I even yelled at her a few times; more than a few. She cries and cries to be a part of.    Even at home, she wiggles her way in to my space begging for attention. I push her away. She comes back for more. I don't mean to, but Jake has never wanted her in his space. The last thing I want is for him to be uncomfortable.    I whispered to Maddie that I am  sorry.  I told her what is going on.  I am sure she doesn't get it, but it makes me feel better.   I told Zoe too today.  She has only known 8 months of her 10 years without Jake. Their bond was instant. From the moment they met they were two peas in a pod.  There was never ever a growl between them. I worry about her.  He is her constant.

I drop Zoe off and get Jake.  He is so excited.  Everyone has gone out that morning, except him.  We just run errands.  We stop at a park after getting his cheeseburger.  He trots a bit in the field.  He then stops and starts to pant.

Home for dinner.  I took a shower after a long day.  I came out to find this.  She is taking care of her Bubba.  Zoe never is far away from him.  She even sleeps in my room now.  She barks to be with him.  They almost make a heart..




I needed to support a friend tonight.  So, i went out for a few hours. He tags along.  He sleeps in the E.  I came out and he was extra tired.

He scared me tonight.  He was laying in the hallway. I called him and he didn't respond.  I quickly got down on the floor and touched him.  He didn't awake.  I put my hands under his jaw and got close enough and he awoke.  He wouldn't get up.  So, I got a cookie.  Out of the hall he came. *whew*  However, the whole situation hit home again, just a little deeper.  

I sat on his bed with him tonight. I always tell him what I need to say to him prior before bed. I added in that tomorrow we would go to the Mountains so he could smell them again.  We'd go to the p-a-r-k.  I told him I wouldn't leave his side tomorrow.  I won't.  I want to sit at the park and read a book with him.  

I watch him as he sleeps. H dreams a lot , at least I think he is dreaming,  Some people call it chasing bunnies.   I'd like to thin he is dreaming of flyball, or the zoomies he and Zoe get on the trails, running in the  fresh snow,  swimming or just playing catch with me.

I thank God for another day.  I ask Him, if it be His will, we have another.


'Night 'night Bubba XX00