Sunday, April 18, 2010

Growing Fast....


Kittens are growing so fast.
As of yesterday, everyone had their eyes open. They actually hear too!
When I talk they kind of move their heads in my directions.

To me, the orange are the strongest and most healthy. They seemed to advance first.
There is one black one that is crawling ALL over and if I make sounds - crawls to me. He is the only one that doesn't squeak when I pick them up.

I can't tell which are male or female. Billy said he can and rambled them all off to me. But at the same time, some he said were male looked just like the ones he said were female. I am going to keep looking and comparing to photos on line.

We cleaned up the area since Java has been so friendly. Since all the kittens are moving, and some faster than others, I was worried they would start to get lost. So, we bought a little baby pool yesterday and put them in.
I'm a sucker for the orange ones
And a sucker for the black ones
Heck - just I am just a sucker for all of them!

Billy really wants to keep one. Financially, we can't. If he wants to pay for food, litter, shots etc. - we can keep one. But, I have heard that story before and that isn't how it happens.

I made the mistake of telling Hadley about the kittens - who in turned told Dad about the kittens. He gave me a stern lecture last night before I went to bed. Funny, how even at 40, a harsh lecture from my dad can make me feel small and question/doubt decisions I make. How I feel after a conversation/lecture - well, no one can make you feel anything. I have to remember feelings aren't facts. I tossed and turned most of the night (not to mention getting whacked by Maddie's "cone of shame" every so often). So, I woke up feeling like someone hit me over the head with a hammer and really angry. Oh well, this too shall pass.

On the dog front, Maddie's spring time allergies returned - oh joy! So, she is in her lamp shade for the past week. I have been letting her sleep on bed with me (I know - bad bad bad) but she can't fit comfortably in the crate with it on. If I put her in there, she just cries and cries - which sends Jake and Sneek into a tizzy fit. Sleeping/Snuggling with Maddie is a lot different than the labs - she is always next to me and smothers me with bully kisses during the night.
Here is a pic of her in her cone and can't you just hear her saying "B*tch get this thing off me!"

2 comments:

BC Insanity said...

Poor Maddie.
Have you ever tried one of these collars:
http://www.jefferspet.com/ssc/product.asp?CID=0&mscssid=BXPHWB4XTWH38PPMNM3L586VFK67BWW7&pf_id=0028630
????

R3K9S said...

No, I hadn't. We may have to invest in one....