Sunday, March 8, 2009

Drive Building Toys

So I began searching today for some drive building toys.
I remember a site recommended on PBF. It's called The Dog Athlete
So why not spend some more money on trying to get Sneek to tug? LOL
So I ordered the first and last product in the below photo.

They also have some good articles on the site concerning prey drive and picking the right toy to develop prey drive. The prey drive article basically says what I have been reading and doing with Sneek. She does have prey drive - just for butterfly's and blowing leafs ;) Anyway,I thought I would continue to try , but with a different toy.

Who knows - maybe tugging just isn't her thing. But I want to explore all options before I surrender. After reading this today - maybe it isn't the toys per say. Maybe it is me - ok it is probably me - not exciting enough. It's just hard for me to understand. J,Z, and M - want to be with me 24/7. I am enough for them. But I have faith. Sneek will get there - I know it.

She is doing well in her flyball training. Some days she just amazes me to no end. She runs into the training room and does a box turn off the side of the bed or on the bed... LOL And she is just so proud of herself.

I need to watch Sneek more and see what does motivate her; what puts her into "drive mode" besides kitties, butterflys, her dinner and leaves. I know she gets all wound up around Billy. Can I put him on a piece of fleece and use him as a tug? - LOL

2 comments:

myspoileddogs said...

I have those bunny tugs if you want one!

Zoey said...

Good for you for not giving up. You are great and Sneek will get there.