Friday, January 9, 2009

favorite moment of the day

Do you have a favorite moment of the day - involving the dogs? One that reoccurs time after time? And don't say when they are asleep - LOL

I will tell you what mine is...It doesn't happen everyday - but when it does - ahhhhh - my heart fills with joy and a wide smile appears on my face. It's a small, minute or two,simple thing.

It happens when I am out (work, shopping, etc) and Billy is at home - meaning the dogs are roaming the house.

I drive down my street and pull up slow to my house. There in the window is usually Jake -he isn't a mama's boy at all - LOL. It's funny - he is like clock work waiting for me to come home. He rests his chin on the back of the couch (or windowsill when couch wasn't there) looking out the window. I stop in front of the house. Then i see three other heads pop into the window - one, two, three. I stay put and watch them for a moment - watch all four bodies wiggling to the right, to the left, to the right, etc. They stay in that position - all eyes fixed on the car- until I move the E into the driveway. I then watch them all leave the window - one, two, three, four. And Zoe begins to bark.

It really is cute and wish I could snap a photo of them.

It really is a special moment to me. yes, there are a lot of special moments with the dogs - but somehow - after a long tedious, stressful day at work - seeing them in the window calms me down and melts some of the stress away.

Love you pups!

6 comments:

myspoileddogs said...

That's cute.

My favorite time of the day is in the morning when Marley gets in the bed to cuddle with me before I get up. :) She doesn't usually sleep there but she always comes to wake me up each day.

My favorite Dylan moment is when I come home and always goes to find me a toy. It's so cute to always get a gift just for coming home to him!

R3K9S said...

AWWW...that is so sweet!
Cute about Dylan bringing you a toy.

Anonymous said...

I can definaely relate to this. Louie is the same way, I can see him from the street, lying on the back of the couch by the window, and when we pull in the driveway, he sees us, ears go up, and then he darts for the garage door. God forbid if we stay in the car for a minute, he starts barking at us….

Astrid said...

My favorite moment is when I survive going down the stairs while 4 dogs are pushing me towards the backdoor.
No, seriously.... my favorite moment is when I am sitting on the potty and the door opens slowly and a little doggy head peeks in asking "watta you dooning?"

R3K9S said...

Astrid - ROFLMAO

R3K9S said...

King Louie is so fitting for him, Lori. Not that I have any room to talk about dogs being spoiled ;)