Sunday, October 5, 2008

Oatmeal for the dogs

So we started our morning oatmeal routine yesterday.

Our vet suggested giving it to Jake for extra carbs...Well, I can't give it to Jake and not the girls. So, the girls are getting 1/3 a cup in the morning...I am only giving 1/3 because Zoey has to watch her figure and she does not really need extra carbs. Jake will eventually get a cup, but starting him off at 1/2.

Needless to say, they love it! I only made a little yesterday just in case they decided it was awful. I, of course tasted it, and darn it's good!

So, now I need to make a batch to get a thru a few days. I bought the type my vet recommended; Instant -McCann's Irish Oatmeal and them Bob's Red Mill Organic Rolled Oats (not instant). So, I will finish the instant and then more to Bob's which I have to slave over the stove cooking - lol

No comments: