Sunday, September 7, 2008

Spectacluar Saturday!

What a Saturday we had. It was a blast!! It was filled with Jake and Zoe's favorite activity -
S-W-I-M -, we have to spell it at our house. Later in the day we attended a picnic.

Early Saturday morning, we attend the Draper Walk, Wag and Swim. Our public pool was opened to 4 legged friends before it was drained. We saw lots of dogs we knew; Zorro and Bear, dogs who are regulars at Course A' Lure. We saw Nebo and his sister. We saw Sandy DP friends - Maverick , Sam, Monster, and Zena the warrior princess . We saw some fellow flyball dogs. We also met some new friends - Tequilla a white boxer and many others.

Look how much fun Jake and Zoe are having!


The photo below represents normal play with Jake and Zoe while swimming. They play this way in the water about 90% of the time. The love swimming back together, each having an end of the kong. Then, once they can stand, they tug as to whom will return it to me. People were laughing at them.

Another shot of Jake and Zoe in the pool. Zoe won the kong!
The pool floor took care of my worry about getting Jake's nails dremmeled before the tournament. I was wracking my brain trying to figure out when I would squeeze time in to get them done. No need now! The pool floor did the job - almost too well. I was a little worried because they are so short now.


Jake and Zoe were among their kind - LABS LABS EVERYWHERE -but there were many other breeds of dogs enjoying the day!

Then, later in the afternoon, we attended my company summer picnic. Jake and Zoe tagged along, by request of my colleagues. Everyone loves Zoe at my work. My work is where she shines! They don't know Jake as well as Zoe , but they all support him in flyball. Zoe loves to be petted and is very mellow. She is a very low, keyed relaxed dog. Zoe wants to sit with people. She is a dog for the people! Even camping, Zoe is the favorite of my friends. I am happy for her! Feel bad for Jake and Maddie - but what can I do......
Jake, on the other hand, doesn't have an off switch! He isn't one to lay down to be petted or relax. He is a go go go dog and very serious about his tasks...Got a job to do - balls to catch, sprints to run and gotta retrieve something! If you don't have something to throw - Jakes philosophy is - SEE YA!

Zoe was so tired by the end of the evening. Jake on the other hand - well, as I said, he has no off switch.

Here are some shots of the dogs at the picnic. Wish they weren't so dark. Jake and Zoe say "next time use the FLASH, MOM!"

No comments: