Friday, September 26, 2008

More agility with Miss Maddie

We went and practiced agility last night. - Videos are at the end of my ramble

First, I have to thank G. for video-taping. It is so valuable. I also want to thank her for giving us her time, and for her patience. She is an excellent teacher and she pulled me back from the brink of snapping myself a few times - lol

We, or should I say "I" am a walking bull in a china shop! This is so hard for me. Funny, I was a dancer in my younger life; ballet, tap, jazz, even disco (and you know how weird some of those moves are). But, for the life of me, I have become so uncoordinated, unable to pull off some of these moves.

To me, and I am a complete novice, agility is a dance with your dog, with you as the lead.

Maddie does great - she watches me like a hawk, and even the slightest body/foot/arm move can pull or push her in the wrong direction. And I have the videos to prove it !

Watching the videos, I see my errors, not Maddie's errors as she is just following my lead. When I mess up, she looks at me like, "what? No reward??? -I am not the one that screwed up MOM!"

One must also note, her wagging tail. I think she enjoys it :)

So, here is one of the sequences we attempted last night. This one had a double front cross (think that is what you call it). I have no shame so I will even post my opps and there are enough of them! I swear, it must of taken me 10 attempts for that one decent run!

So, here are the good, the bad and the down right UGLY!


The good,




The bad



The downright UGLY!



6 comments:

myspoileddogs said...

I'm SO impressed with how well Maddie has been doing! I'm glad you have found something to do with her that keeps both of you happy!!!

R3K9S said...

Thanks MSD!

G said...

You will be dancing out there with Maddie in no time, you'll see.

:-)

... and BTW, that was not a very easy sequence anyway ...

G.

Happy Healthy Pup said...

I am SO impressed with YOU!! I knew Maddie had it in her, but I am very proud of you for trying so hard and allowing yourself the joy that comes with a little patience and a lot of work.

((HUGS)) to you both!

R3K9S said...

Can't wait till I can "flow" in a sequence.
thanks again G.

R3K9S said...

Thanks AJ!
We are having tons of fun