Friday, September 12, 2008

Jake and Zoe Saga - Paws and fingers crossed

I came home last night to a chewed up bottle of Rimadyl.

Other half left the hallway closet open. I keep a pet ER bag in there, all zipped up, with all the essentials. Well, he went in the bag and did not close the bag back up or shut the door.

In I walk, to a chewed up bottle of the 100 mg Rimadyl and brown puke spots all over the rug. The bottle was chewed up flat. I don't "think" there were many tabs in the bottle - but I really just don't know. I called the Vet and they told me to bring both of them in.

They took them right in and administered IV fluid, activated charcoal, and some pepcid ac

I know Zoe is the culprit. If anything is left out, she chews it up. I just don't know how many each ate or if one ate more than the other!

I spoke with vet tech last night. She said Jake was an angel They were worried he would be a PITA because he is such a Mama's boy, they expected him to be aggressive? That puzzles me. He has never shown aggression. If anything, he becomes a little baby. They had the most trouble with Zoe. They had to put the needle in three times. I asked them to put a cone on each, because I KNOW Zoe will try and rip it out. And Jake, well left to his own , he just might - especially if it burns. I heard Jake barking in the background - which is a good sign - he is himself. And Zoe, well being the challenge she was with the tech - that is a good sign too. Because that is how she normally is.

They ran blood on Jake to have a baseline to compare to today. They will run blood on both of them this morning. If they are in normal range, I can pick them up. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will then have to have blood ran again in a week or so. And then at three months. Time to get another job!

It's funny - Miss Maddie was so docile last night...Looking all over the house for Jake and Zoe. Don't worry - she did not get into the escapade with the other two. She is kept in a total seperate room with no chance to roam into the party place.

So, if you are reading this, please say a short prayer (if you believe in that) or just send positive healing thoughts and energy to my dogs.

We thank you all very very much....

4 comments:

myspoileddogs said...

OMG I hope they are okay! That is so scary!! Did you hear about Lizzilla's Ibuprofen experience? Sounds a lot like this!!

I hope they are ready. Aren't you supposed to be leaving to go to tournament today? Hope no one yells at you if Jake isn't able to go!

R3K9S said...

Thanks MSD!
yep - we are suppose to go to St George. If the blood work isn't in normal range, we won't go....
No one is going to yell at me. Everyone is VERY concerned with Jake and Zoe's health.

myspoileddogs said...

That's good! They should be concerned about the well being of your babies. I am glad to hear they are doing okay this morning! Hope all goes well!

Anonymous said...

Honey,
I am so sorry. Please give my love to my niece and nephew. This brought tears to my eyes. If you need anything please let me know. They are in my prayers.