Monday, September 15, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!

We, here in Utah, call it a birthday. Some parts of the country or world call it an anniversary.

It does not matter what I call it. Today, I count my blessings and give gratitude to God, and those He works thru, for 12 years of sobriety. Tonight, at my home group AA meeting, I will celebrate with those who are near and dear to my heart. Even though those who were there in the beginning of this journey - which started in St Louis, have passed or live out of town, they will always be part of my story; so hence there in spirit

Today, is a day to rejoice and give thanks, but at the same time, there is pain in my heart. Mom was always the first one to call me on my sobriety anniversary; sometimes at 6:00 am - She wanted to be the first to congratulate me. Now, that call does not come and we are not able to celebrate my new life together. But, I will stay in the light and believe her spirit will be in my home group meeting tonight.