Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Flyball Songs

In keeping with the flyball theme.......

Jake and I have "flyball songs". I play them the morning of the tournament on the way to the site.

The first is Nina Simone "Feeling Good". That song is more for me , than Jake. It's just a good positive song - reminding me today is a new day and anything is possible. And to FEEL GOOD! It's a song with such a beautiful message..I could write a big long paragraph about the song, but I won't ;).

The second is Tina and Ike turner "Proud Mary". In Proud Mary - I make up my own words. When they sing "dododododo", I sing "gogogogogogogo". That really riles up Jake. I also changed the chorus to "Proud Jakie keep on turning, Proud Jakie keep on running, And we're runnin', runnin', runnin' on the rubber" Sometimes Jake sings along (if you call barking singing). I swear this song pumps him up!!!

I always feel bad when we car pool with someone. I gently ask if they mind if we listen to our songs. It is kind of embarrassing !

It's a tradition I just can't break!



As a side note, the photo I posted for WW yesterday, of the heart attack pass, is of Jake passing Chaser at the Showdown at the Hole-In-The-Wall tournament 07 in Laramie, Wyoming. You can see a few more photos here.

No comments: