Tuesday, August 5, 2008

RIP Jim


A friend of many passed away Saturday.

http://www.legacy.com/saltlaketribune/Obituaries.asp?Page=Lifestory&PersonId=114895002

Jim and his wife Mary were some of the first people I met in Salt lake City when i moved here in 98. He was always so kind and always helped those that needed help. I spent many Monday evenings with them. Jim, Mary, Kristin and I all had Birthday's (Friend of Bill W b'days) in September and we celebrated together many times. It was such an honor to share my birthday with Jim and Mary. He always had a big hug and a great chuckle. When he spoke, he was a man who told the truth and kept is simple. He understood "the language of the heart" and it was from there he spoke. Many times, as he expressed his gratitude to his HP and the program, tears would form and start rolling down his cheek.

After Mary retired, I did not see them much as they were snowbirds and traveled down south. But the ALWAYS came back to celebrate their birthday with us on Mondays.

Thank you Jim for welcoming me to SLC, to the Monday group, and for sharing the "language of the heart" with us.

RIP you will be missed. Enjoy the "big meeting" in the sky.

Love,
Ann

2 comments:

myspoileddogs said...

I'm sorry for your loss. Call if you need anything. okay?

R3K9S said...

Thanks MSD.

I feel bad that I can not attend his memorial mass since I will be out of town.

I need to get their address so I can at least send a Mass card.