Friday, August 1, 2008

Projects

So, here are some photos of the projects we, or should I say Billy, completed so far this summer.


First, he built two flower boxes out front. He first put up cinder blocks. He then purchased brick to match the house and covered up the cinder blocks with the brick. He did such a great job (for a plumber) LOL


I filled the box by the porch with a butterfly bush, lilac bushes, wave petunias , and sunflowers. Lilacs were Mom's favorite so I wanted to put some in the yard. Wave petunias remind me of home, as my dad fills his yard and pots with these. And the sunflowers - well those are my favorite flowers, along with gerber daisies. I love watching the sunflowers grow from seeds. I grew the mammoth sunflowers at our old house and gave the heads to Kay and Barbara to feed their birds. The sunflowers in the photo will be red and dark orange and bloom in fall. Once bloomed and the flower petals die, we will take the heads, dry them out, and let the birds feed. I will take some to Kay and Barbara too.



This smaller flower box, below, just has a pine tree in it. Billy really wants a "Christmas tree" to put lights on. It will only grow about 6 feet tall. In the fall, I will plant tulips around the tree - at least that is what Billy would like me to do. So, I think I will do that.By the fence line, we put in lilac bushes and snowball bushes.

The last project he completed, was a deck in back. He did trade work for the material. It isn't actually wood. It's called Trex http://www.trex.com/whytrex/WhatIsTrex.aspx
So, he received the material free and built the deck and stairs.
He is pretty handy isn't he? ( I just noticed Maddie is standing at the back door looking out - guess the post wouldn't be a post without a dog in the photo :) )



Now, if we could just put grass int he yard our summer project will be complete!

4 comments:

myspoileddogs said...

Things are looking good!

Anonymous said...

can i borrow your hubby to do some projects at my house please?

the flower beds look awesome, what a fantastic job he did, and the deck too!

R3K9S said...

Thanks MSD.
Now, I just need GRASS! - ;p;

We, my friend and I, decided we are going to till the yard in a few weekends. Maybe that will motivate him and take some work off his hands

R3K9S said...

thanks ME!

Sure, You can borrow him. But I can't guarantee he wouldn't try to sneak Ruby Roo back to SLC :) lol