Friday, August 29, 2008

Gage's Victory!

If you have followed my posts on Gage, found here and here, I am happy to announce the defendant was found guilty in court yesterday! He was found guilty of "Aggravated Felony Animal Abuse" for the shooting death of Gage on 3/12/08. He will be sentenced in September.
Quote from his Mom's myspace page;

Guilty, Wow what a day

He was found Guilty as most of ya'll know (thank you, Sherry)
This was the longest week of my life and when they read the verdic that he was guilty and proved that he murdered my Gage with out cause, I was happy but yet overwhelmed with emotions, it was like I have been holding my breath for 5months and that was the first breath I have taking since. The court was full of lawyers and DA's and defence attorneys and court clerks. I was really surprised how many people came to see the results and this was the biggest thing happening in our court house in a while and everyone was waiting to see the out come and they all agreed that this case will make a difference for the future cases. This is the ONLY trail ever like this here. Mr.
Stanfill CAN"T say Gage was vicious and the only monster in this story was Stanfill
I want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart, for all thier support for this 5 long months. I will sit down and try to write out all the details as best as I can tonight are tommorrow.

I could not have went threw this with out each and everyone one of you. Now that justice has been served and Gages name has been cleared from any wrong doing that was untruthfully placed on him. He is free to fly.. Spread your wings baby and you know you will always be my angel. And we will honor your name until my death, and join you. But until then we will save and help as many as we can in your name. As of today we are the GAGE FOUNDATION..........

And a Poem written by defendabull on PBF
Gage's poem


i keep hearing rest,
but i want to play...
it's sunny just now,
i wanted to stay.

i am a sweet whisper
on evening's wind.
i'm a thousand candles
that dance then descend...
into open hearts,
that remember me when...
i danced in your arms,
i will dance there again

No comments: