Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Back from Bishop

I am so tired! It's hard to get back into the swing of things after a tournament. Still on that adrenalin rush.


I averaged about 24.9 mpg for the trip in the new ride - at one point I got 28 mpg!.. Not great but not awful either.

We had lots of fun. We met lots of cool people and I so enjoyed running and hanging with the gals from Stampede. I learned a lot! We also ran with Trevor and a dog from TNG. I spent time helping Iron Dog Flyers and Catchers on the Fly. Both teams helped us too, as did people from Vegas Velocity and a woman from Lickety Splits spotted passes when she could. We were short handed, but everyone is so willing to help each other out. I so enjoy helping out other teams and watching/getting to know their dogs. I also enjoy getting to meet and have conversations with different people. Still, I missed my team mates and their dogs very much!

One of the dogs from Catchers on the Fly was so much fun to watch. Indy is a cattle dog and the start dog. Before he runs, he does a twirl and then goes down the lane. It is so darn cute!!!
They just adopted a Pit bull from "It's the Pit's" rescue. Her name is America and she is a Mini-Maddie! Same coloring with split face but the size of a staffie - maybe a little taller. I so wish I had a photo...This was her first tournament and she did pretty well on most of her runs.

We did pretty well for a pick up team....Well their dogs did pretty well - Jake averaged about a 4.85 in the line up at 9 inches on Saturday - he ran lots of 4.7 but had bobbles which brought his average down.On singles on Saturday, his clean runs (non earlies) he averaged a 4.497. On Sunday, he did not do as well. In singles clean runs he averaged 4.685. On the team he averaged (poor tired boy) 4.985. Lots of bobbles on Sunday...

I sure wish I knew how to get him as fast on a team as he is in singles. I guess I need to ask and ponder on how we can do that.

Overall, I had a great time and am glad I went. Next tournament is in September in St George. can't wait!

Oh yea, he also earned his TFE-I (top flight executive level 1) title


And on a final note. Jake is now the 5th fastest lab in U-FLI singles for his breed! Saturday, he ran a 4.305, .015 start. I was so excited for him. Way to go Jakie!

6 comments:

Happy Healthy Pup said...

YAY JAKE!
We are so proud of you! 5th fastest is FAST!! (Faster than we'll ever be anyway!)

Luv ya - Eros, Eudora & Anna

myspoileddogs said...

Woo Hoo! Yay for Jake. Fifth fastest lab is a great accomplishment.

Anonymous said...

WoW, that is so awesome! You and Jake are amazing. Tell us all about it on Wednesday!

I remember Indy from CA. The guys name is Alan and they have another dog named Frieda, Libby and Justice. Independence, Freedom. Liberty and Justice. Libby was in my class at the obedience club in CA. Been so long!

R3K9S said...

Thanks Anna!
Hugs to your pups

R3K9S said...

Thanks MSD. 5th out of 151 labs isn't bad at all :)

R3K9S said...

Thanks Astrid. Couldn't have run that without everyone's help at training and practice.

Yep - that is Alan and Cathy! I thought of you when they brought out their 3 cattle dogs.
They are such kind, good hearted people!

Maybe,soon, you will see them again at a flyball tournament ;)