Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My Sister

It was mentioned, ever so kindly, that I don't mention my family in this blog. I have 2 siblings, a younger sister and a brother. I also have a 6 year old niece, my brothers daughter.

So I decided to write a little bit about my younger sister, Lori.

I remember the time she was born. It was New Years Eve, 1977, and I was watching the Love Boat with our Mom. She got up and told me to get my Father as her water broke. My brother and I were to go to our neighbors. We had these 10 steps in front of our house. My brother had his pj's on that had the plastic feet. I remember hearing the sound of the plastic feet going over to the neighbors. I remember staying at the neighbors and throwing up numerous times because I was so scared for my Mom and her baby. We woke up New Year's day to learn that I had a sister that was born around 7 am. There were complications during her birth as the cord was wrapped around her neck, but she was delivered heathy and happy.

I remember when she broke her arm when she was 6. Her dance recital photo has her arm in a sling.

I remember taking her to see Sade at Riverport. I remember her passing out on a man in the seat next to her (whom we did not know at all)! ROFLMAO She put her head on his shoulder and she was out....

i have so many memories that I could write.

I know I wasn't the best sister growing up. I would borrow her clothes and never return them or return them with stains. This really strained our relationship.

I was a very very selfish older sister. I ignored her most of her teen age life, probably when she needed a sister most. That hurts my heart.

But, when I cleaned up, I believe I changed. My sister and I grew closer. And today we are close. I enjoy spending time with her and talking with her. My sister has grown into a very responsible beautiful kind woman.

I included some photos from her wedding. Some are hard to see, but if you click they will enlarge.

It was hard looking thru the photos because there were many of my Mom....Our Mom passed away unexpectedly Aug 28 2005. Tears came to my eyes looking at these - but ya know what - my tears represent memories and love I have for my Mother.

So, here are some shots of my sister and our family






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

AHHHHHH.....VERY SWEET. I LOOK PRETTY GOOD IN THOSE PICS.......THANK YOU FOR INCLUDING ME IN YOUR BLOG...MUCH APPRECIATED

LORI

myspoileddogs said...

ahh your sis looks so much like you! That's a nice post!


I don't ever mention my family on my blog...

R3K9S said...

I don't either...I mean it is called R3K9s - which means it is mostly about dogs......

But I got "called out" on the lack of family stuff- lol
Love you Lori!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

wow those are fantastic pictures.... its so wonderful to have a caring family.. you are very lucky!

R3K9S said...

Thanks ME.

I am very blessed - I do have a wonderful family. I need to remember that!