Thursday, July 31, 2008

Ken Foster joined PBF!

Today, Ken Foster joined PBF (joined /re-joined whatever you call it)

Don't know who Ken Foster is ?
http://kenfoster.blogspot.com/


He does TONS of work for Pit Bulls and other "bully" breeds.

I have two of his books "The Dogs Who Found Me: What I've Learned from Pets Who Were Left Behind" and "Dogs I have Met And the People they found". I so enjoy these books. He writes about strays and lost dogs, mostly PB, and his adventures - surviving Katrina and 9/11 etc. The story surrounding his newest PB, Sula, is amazing.

I often wonder if he is single - LOL

I remember re-reading one of his books after my Mom passed away. He had been thru 9/11 and Katrina. Can't remember the exact quote but he said "when you walk thru a life altering event your whole insides change". (I will have to look at the exact quote tonight and fix it - lol power of edit!). Anyway, when I read that, it made me realize that I was going to change - that I would never be the same person. That sentance told me that I needed to surrender and stop trying to fight the change that was taking place inside of me. It was like that sentance gave me permission to change; to grieve; to have bad days and good days In turn, it brought me some peace.

I am so proud to be part of a forum where a man like him would want to be part of.

BTW, he recently started the "Sula Foundation" - Dedicated to fostering responsible pit bull ownership through low-cost veterinary clinics, education and advocacy.
http://sulafoundation.blogspot.com/

Welcome to PBF Ken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

myspoileddogs said...

Nice, I have bought his books for rescue people I know as gifts but never had the priviledge of reading them myselves!!

R3K9S said...

I have them if you want to borrow :) Just LMK