Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I just asked for a raise

Well, I just went into my Supervisor and asked for an increase. Boy was I nervous and fearful.
It's been 2 1/2 years and I still make way below the medium income for my position.

I feel bad asking my Sup as he hasn't had a raise in 6 years. Can you tell raises aren't given out too often at my company? He asked that I get one in Dec, but they said I just had an increase 2 years ago. So work continues to be added to my plate and I continue to go above and beyond for my work.

All I can do is hope for the best. If the answer is no well then I have a options and can make plans to change some things in my life.

So keep fingers and paws crossed!

2 comments:

myspoileddogs said...

Good Luck! Sounds like you deserve it!

Anonymous said...

you deserve a big raise!!! i have asked for a raise before, every year, and still get turned down due to "economy"