Thursday, March 20, 2014

Day 16

Day 16 March 20th
Morning - Awoke to diarrhea in front room this morning.  Not to sure who....  So, on poo alert - LOL  I just took a deep breath, put my slippers on, and cleaned it up.




I have been focusing on how blessed I am and what a gift from God that Jake's body reabsorbing tumor was a positive thing. A miracle.   I think in the big time picture it is.  However, in the back of my mind, I always said "well, his body is reabsorbing the cancer into his system  Maybe in places it wasn't before."  I did some more reading today on Jake's illness. I was trying to find info on expected life expectancy for dogs with Hemangiosarcoma.  I found this link.
 http://www.acvim.org/PetOwners/AnimalEducation/FactSheets/Oncology/Hemangiosarcoma.aspx

As I read I ran across this which confirmed the small voice in the back of my head.
Episodes of weakness and collapse can last for minutes to hours with recovery from the episode being a common feature. Most likely the weakness, white/pale mucous membranes, and collapse are due to rupture of the tumor and blood loss, whereas the recovery is likely due to a combination of the blood loss stopping and lost blood being reasorbed back into the circulation. However, an additional problem associated with this blood loss is the dissemination (spread) of cancer cells into areas that contact the lost blood (inside the abdomen or chest, or via the bloodstream). This propensity to spread is what makes treatment of this cancer so particularly difficult. 

Still, I don't think it matters. The cancer  would end up in those areas sooner or later anyway.   I would want it the way it happened again.  This extra time is the way it is suppose to be.


It doesn't matter. It is God's plan.  Jake is in God's hand.  Once again, every extra moment is a gift!



Mini mental break down at night......

No comments: