Thursday, May 13, 2010

Java's Crew New Home


The Java crew is almost 6 weeks old.

This week I had to move them into their new home. Pike and Kona thought jumping out of the pool was fun. The tower was a wee too small so I hooked up an old/broken Dog crate.


They are eating the kitten food I have in there and even using a litter box. At first they thought the litter box was a jungle jim - silly kitties. When I come out - they all meow and try to run up to the door. Billy took Pike in to meet Maddie. They were face to face and my little Maddie just sniffed . Maybe Maddie knew it was a baby - maybe she didn't. But she didn't go into prey mode or chase. Maybe it was Billy's presence that kept her acting a fool.

Java really isn't happy being in her new house. I am sure she isn't. She did often jump out of the pool - to go relax away from the babies. She is feral after all - so putting her in a cage - she almost seems depressed. I put her shelf and hammock up high, thinking she might be smart enough to know she can go up there. Hopefully, she will snap out of it soon.

No comments: