Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Surprise!

As part of my morning ritual, I visit the two cats that we feed in the garage, Jinga and Java .
Java didn't run this am - and as I looked closer - well this is what I saw once my eyes focused;
She later moved and I got a closer look;

Wonderful, I thought. I ran in to call Billy. We have tried to catch this little girl for the longest time. She is so skiddish and completely feral.

Neither of us have ever seen or taken care of newborn kittens. In speaking with friends, we will let Java do her job and try not to interfere. We won't be using the garage for a while, to hopefully keep her and her kittens safe.

I will try and blog the journey of Java and her kittens. I guess I should think of names while I am at it. Since mama is Java, guess the kids need coffee names. So far I have Verona, Sumatra, (don't like that one), Espresso, Pike, and Via. Hoping by time I come home, I won't need to find any more names ;-)

2 comments:

BC Insanity said...

let's all hope 5 is all
here are some more names:
Koa or Kona
Vienna
Decaff
Blue (from Blue Mtn)
Kenya
Venti - if you have a biggest one in the litter and I know how you like Starbucks ;-)

R3K9S said...

Those are good!
I like the largest one being Venti- lol
Maybe one of the orange ones will be Decaff.