Monday, June 15, 2009

Weekend of w00ts!


What a fun filled, goal meeting weekend we had! We went to St George to attend a flyball tournament. I took Jake, Sneek and Zoe with me.

Jake started off really really rough; not sure what it was about. After his lack of stellar performance during the first heat, I took him to see Anita -who is on site. He was a warm on his left front leg. So, she worked on him and I iced him a little afterward. Needless to say, whatever it was - it went away. He seemed to run better after that. So, Sunday I had her massage him prior to racing again. She said the front left leg wasn't warm at all. Whatever the issue was on Saturday, it had gone away. Maybe he stepped on something or bumped it or twisted it - heck I don't know....

So many amazing things happened this weekend for our flyball team. ...Our dogs ROCKED. Lots of personal bests for our dogs....Seriously, we did so well and met the two goals we had going down - ok 4; tailwind to take first place in their division both days (met), HR not break out (met), not run faster than 18 seconds (met) and to qualify for the U-FLI Championship (met).

I was blessed to run not one, but two dogs this weekend. I got to run Hannah B - which is so much fun!! She is an amazing flyball dog - and so darn fast!!! She is just a spitball of fire and such a sweet girl who has come so far...
Jake also earned his Top Flight Premier title. For those unfamiliar with titles - every race a dog completes, they earn points. At certain point levels, you earn titles. So Jake had enough points for the TFP title..Our next title goal is Top Flight Expert - which is a milestone plaque. He needs a total of 20,000 points for that big title. So only 10,500 more points to go...Average 500 points a race day - so that is only 11 more tournaments, give or take a day.. So, that would be in about 3 years :) That is if, God willing, he will still be racing then....

We also had tons and tons of fun, starting with a good dinner on Friday evening. We were all pretty darn goofy Sunday - lack of sleep or just too much sugar - I am not really sure.. Just really good times - with lots of laughs, some silly string and way too much junk food! There are some crazy photos of us out there - including some of me - but I will save those for a later WW post...I just love my flyball team mates!!!

Everything was done and over with around 7:30 Sunday. I I had decided earlier that I was going to stay in Saint George Sunday evening. I had Monday off, and well - why not stay in St George and relax... Plus, our teammates mentioned a reservoir right down the road. I thought it would be kind of cool to take the dogs swimming. So we met Zoey, River, and Bailey to swim. Some people and pups from Phoenix Fuzion came over too.

Here are Jake and Zoe - I know it is difficult to see the dogs in the photo, but the scenery is just beautiful. As tired as Jake was - he was still swimming non stop!

Zoe loved it!Sneek got pretty far out chasing the ball - but still she did not swim. She was so funny - she kept running up to all the humans to throw a ball for her.
It was hard for me to turn north on the hwy instead of south. I really wanted to stay in Saint George or travel a little more to another place for the dogs to swim and play. One day - I will take the week off after a tournament. I can stay in St George to play, drive to Lake Mead, and then onto California - to the beach... One can dream right?

ps thanks Heidi for taking that awesome shot of Jake and I...

1 comment:

Zoey said...

Good job guys!

We love ya tons....Jana & the pups