Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Two for Tuesday...

Sneek and I have a busy evening planned. We have two classes tonight; one at 6:00 and one at 8:30.

We are completing our Reliable Recall class this evening. We are sad because we have LOVED this class . I would take the class again if I could! The Really Reliable Recall class followed the protocol of Leslie Nelson's DVD. I have really enjoyed the class leader, Leslie D. We have played many games, - name game,1-2-3 game, hide and seek, and recalls - dog by self and side by side. That is just the tip of the iceberg on the things we have learned. I love that Leslie uses Susan Garrett's philosophy during her teaching. She also emphasizes the bond you need to create with your dog.

So, since we have enjoyed her class so much, we decided to take another one! We will be starting basic agility tonight. I am not planning on doing agility with Sneek. I have just so enjoyed Leslie's teaching style, and the one on one bond time with Sneek, I decided to take another class. We are taking this class just for fun and for additional knowledge. She will touch on toy drive in her class - and that is right up Sneek's alley. I am sure many things she will teach in class can be used in our flyball training and continue to increase Sneek's work ethic.

A busy, but fun evening planned for the little angel below. Doesn't she look just so innocent in the below photo? More like the cat who swallowed the canary :)

3 comments:

myspoileddogs said...

Sorry to hear the recall class is over but man has Sneak made some big improvements. I was so impressed with her in Santa Clara!! Seemed all she wanted was to play with you after you let her off leash!

Agility would be fun! Wish we could join you!

R3K9S said...

Thanks! She loved running in that baseball field.

Amy and the Huskies said...

Cute pic of Sneak! Have fun with the classes, wish I could have gone to the agility one with you. Maybe I should try a reliable recall class with my dogs...but they are huskies after all, I'm not sure a reliable recall is even possible.