Sunday, May 31, 2009

Good Times!

WOW - what an amazing Saturday.

Sneek, Jake, and I attend the annual Strut your Mutt event in Salt Lake City. We did not strut, per say - but participated in CAL and a flyball demo.

We had way too much fun! The day went fast and the dogs ran well. Most of the day we hung out with our flyball team mates and other good dog friends helping at Course A Lure. I always enjoy watching different dogs run the course. We even got to see our good friend and favorite trainer, Anna, from Puppenschnoodles.

We participated in a flyball demo. It was so darn hot - Jake kept sneaking off the field to find water after his run. I felt so bad for him. It's hard to be a black dog in the hot blazing sun. Thank goodness we do indoor tournaments.

I wish we had more Saturday's like yesterday. I enjoy the company of dog friends, team mates, my pups, and the other dogs in our life.

Sorry, no pics in this post - way too flipping busy to play with the crackberry - LOL

But, out of around 350 dogs who ran the Course A Lure, Sneek was the 2nd fastest! I am sure Jake was in the top 10, but will have to wait to verify. Our good dog friend Zoey, from our flyball team, was the FASTEST dog at CAL on Saturday! w00t! Edit: Jake placed third!!!!

Gearing up for the next event; Wild Outdoors Festival, next weekend at Thanksgiving Point. There will be Splash Dogs and Course a Lure. I decided to use some of the 180 hours of vacation I have and take Friday off. The dogs will swim in the practice pool at Splash Dogs, and run their paws thru CAL. FUN FUN FUN!

4 comments:

lori said...

wow...sounds fun!!! you shouldnt tell your family how many vacation hours you have, since you havent visited us in years!!

R3K9S said...

lol..Always giving me trouble for not visiting STL. And i was home a year ago for Dad's birthday remember???

lori said...

yes i remember..a year and a month..maybe i just miss you, and thats how i let you know!!!

R3K9S said...

I miss you too sis!!! we will see each other soon - promise.