Monday, April 13, 2009

I have buds!


I planted lilac and snowball bushes last year. I was a little worried that they would not bloom this year. I don't exactly have a green thumb...But to my pleasant surprise, my lilac bushes have buds. I was so excited when I saw them yesterday.

I love the smell of the lilac. Growing up, we had a huge huge lilac bush by the drive way. I loved smelling the lilacs when I would come home and open the car door. My mother loved it also. My father did too, except when it got so big and crowded the garage door. He did get in trouble a few times for cutting it too short. Imagine that - I can remember those arguments!

I think that is part of the reason I planted so many lilac bushes - not only the smell, but as a way to remember home, a way to honor our Mom...

4 comments:

myspoileddogs said...

OHhh I LOVE LILACS~

I should plant some at my house too!!

BC Insanity said...

I have buds too!!!! Doubled the number than last year.
This is their third year now and they are growing fast. First year was really slow then last year they just went crazy.
I only have purple though :-(, transplanted from my Mother-in-law's yard, she really loved them too.

R3K9S said...

w00t for buds!

Guess that means, as the years go on, they will spread and produce more flowers. YEA!

lori said...

the bulbs i planted last month are coming up too!!! I was sooo excited to see them. I was scared that i did something wrong, and they wouldn't come up....