Friday, December 12, 2008

Zippity Zoe

I took Zoe to flyball practice last Sunday. She doesn't come often; but sometimes, due to circumstances, I need to bring her. She always has fun. When we first started with the Utah Tail Blazers - I trained both Jake and Zoe. But due to a torn CCL -I pulled Zoe. Then the other CCL went. And I never brought her back into the team. I worry about a re-tear in one of the legs; especially on the box. So, when she comes to practice we run recalls over the jumps - it's good exercise for her and she seems to enjoy it.

She sure loves recalls. For a portly lab - she can get some speed and she was single hopping. Yes, she is a little overweight, but she is holding onto her weight loss. At her annual in November of this year, she was still holding steady at 55. The low fat Innova seems to be working for her.

And of course, she barks during the line up too. I wonder if it is all labs or just my pack of "mama" girl/boy. As soon as I run away from them - Jake and Zoe both bark and lunge towards me. Gotta always make sure strong people are holding onto those two..

She just loves to tug. Funny the two dogs that don't play flyball are my tug maniacs.....Very funny joke flyball gods.....

She was wiped out after practice.
Tired dogs are good dogs.....

3 comments:

myspoileddogs said...

Ahh that Zoe is so cute! I am glad she had a good time!

R3K9S said...

Thanks MSD!

Anonymous said...

She looks like a sweetie! Yup tired dogs are happy dogs. We have too much snow now to practice!