Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Sneak is her new name......

Seriously, I am going to call her that.

Example 1 - Rule #1 No dogs in kitchen - we block it with a baby gate. So what does she do...Jumps on bar stool, onto island and into kitchen area. Lesson for us - push bar stools in when not in use

Example 2 - We use another baby gate to keep them out or in the front room . She has learned how to move the baby gate to get out or in the front room

Example 3 - Billy comes home a few hours after leaving for work. He opens the door. There are Neeko and Maddie having the time of their life (RIP couch cushions). Neeko out of her Xpen and Maddie baby gate down. He thinks to himself "I swear I locked her x pen and I put up the gate. " So he repeats the dog ritual and goes to work. I come home and there is Neeko, out of her X pen, trying to push down the gate that keeps Maddie in the living room. I check the X pen - it was locked. Ok..Maybe she is getting out from underneath.

So what does any good pet parent do? Call Scooby Doo and the gang! No really, you put the dog in the area, set up a camera, and see what is going on. With a little coaching from her Dad at the door , the mystery is solved.


I considered that and thought - No she couldn't jump it. Boy, was I wrong. Once again, she isn't the others. They are way too big to jump it - and outweigh her by 20 lbs.

Needless to say, we rearranged the room. Lesson learned - don't put an X-pen next to a couch or any other piece of furniture a bouncy little puppy can get to.

Sweet Sweet Sneako...opps I mean Neeko.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!! look at her jump!!!! boy she sure is sneaky!!!

BC Insanity said...

He he he - that was totally effortless.
She practically levitated over the xpen.


G.

Astrid said...

Love it!!
She does it so matter of fact, like that is the way to get out. heehee

R3K9S said...

She really cracks me up.
She does make it look effortless - no big deal. She just tucks her little legs up, and over she goes....
Hey maybe that is how I should teach her what "over" means - LOL j/k

Cynthia Blue said...

Oh my what a little kangaroo! She is bouncy!

We had to move our couch away from a baby gate too. But then again, Chase is just allowed to jump the baby gates now. He's the only one who can, though. And he listens really well.