Thursday, November 13, 2008

It's Solid!

Like any good dog lover, I have no shame in discussing my dogs poop....

Neeko has been having loose stool since she arrived. It really has not had any form. It's not runny or squirt either....Just loose.

As a back story, Neeko has never eaten dog food. When she went into rescue she would only eat off the fork and would not touch a dog food bowl.
She was on metronidazol and that did not help.


I tried yogurt and that did not help.

I ordered some Prozyme and started her on that Saturday.
I added some pumpkin on Monday...
I began pulling my hair out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My good friend, Maryelln, from PBF gave me a suggestion. Add some Slippery Elm to her food
and maybe try a less richer puppy food.


When I went to the store to get a different food, they suggested I change protein (she's been eating chicken). So we went with California Natural Lamb and Rice puppy food.

So Tuesday evening, she started on the Lamb and Rice formula and Slippery Elm.

And this morning at 5:30 am - I DANCED in my yard in my pjs!


Why??????

She had nice firm solid poop!



5 comments:

myspoileddogs said...

ROFL!!! hahaha Glad it's finally solid!!

Astrid said...

So funny! Solid poop, yeah!

Anonymous said...

omg where did you get those cartoons from???

isnt solid poop grand????

R3K9S said...

The cartoons are from google images.

I have a hard time blogging without photos!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay we love solid poops! And congrats on the new family member, I keep forgetting to come and say congrats!