Monday, October 6, 2008

Natures Logic CEO called me!

I just received a call from owner and CEO of Nature's Logic; Scott Freeman. I called on Sunday and left a message. The recent bag had darker kibble; hence Miss Maddie's poo was darker and squishier than normal. I was sad because this is really the only food that works for Maddie.

HOLY COW! Never had a CEO of a food company call me. What wonderful CS they have

He said it was new equipment that did not grind the ingredients as fine as before; hence darker and courser kibble. It is 4% lower in moisture than older lots. So, you are getting more nutrients in each kibble; hence not needing to feed as much. I will need to feed Maddie less than her normal amount, which might help with her poops. he said to add water - which I already do. He said it would take a few weeks for the darker kibble to work itself out of the system and they are altering the machinery to go back to the lighter color.

I asked him about sources for their chicken (as I heard they changed). he said their sources change (which scared me). But the get their chicken meal from Tyson or MBA and chicken is always hormone and antibiotic free.

They are sending me a few coupons.

Wish I would of suggested in the future, they need to alert consumers to the changes. You would think they would compare new lots with older lots and seen the change in color.

My source for the product is looking to see if they have an older lot of the food so I don't have to go thru the whole mushy poo issue especially since she has intestinal issues.

1 comment:

myspoileddogs said...

That's incredible that the CEO called you himself!! WOW