Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Thanksgiving

Yes, I know it's too soon to be talking holiday. But, my family is coming into town. I blogged about it here

When I spoke with my niece Hadley, the first thing that came out of her mouth was, "I wanna sleep with Zoe!". They really bonded while she was in town last year with my sister, who is not able to come in for the holiday :(


I am starting to make a list of food I need to gather. I also neet to start putting money on the side to pay for all the food. I want to make home made lasagna - our Mother's recipe - with my own twist. I like to make homemade meatballs prior to making lasagna. I then crush up the meatballs and use them as part of the meat sauce for the lasagna. Meat sauce must also have salsiccia (italian sausage).

When making Italian dishes, I believe, quality ingredients are the key. You might pay more, but the dish tastes so much better. Most ricotta from grocery stores is very grainy. I do not like grainy ricotta. So, I go to the source for the majority of my ingredients - Granato's. I also need to get some green Italian Olive Salad from there - my fathers favorite snack. I will get my salsiccia from - Colosimo's.

Sure wish we had an Italian bakery in Utah like we have at the Hill, in St Louis...Maybe I can talk my brother into bringing me some Italian cookies. YUMMMM!

Hopefully, too, Hadley will be enthusiastic about helping me decorate the house for Christmas. I love decorating the house, both outside and inside.
Here is what our home looked like last year. Each year we try to purchase a new outdoor figure. Last year it was the Ferris wheel - it spins!

No matter what we end up doing, I know we will have a blast!

3 comments:

myspoileddogs said...

I'm excited for you that your family is coming!

It's not to early to talk about holidays. I'm already talking about going to NY for christmas. I have been talking about it since Easter!

Happy Healthy Pup said...

Umm... now my mouth is watering.. when do I get to come for dinner?? Ha Ha :)

Anonymous said...

Ahhh….I want to decorate….you guys are gonna have such a great time. The closer it gets, the sadder I get….I think Hadley is going to love to decorate….