Tuesday, September 9, 2008

So excited!

According to our flyball blog countdown calculator, tournament racing starts in 3 days, 15 hours, 37 minutes, and 40 seconds.

We received our racing schedule today. It makes it all so real and makes me antsy. It will come up fast....
WOOT!!!!!!!!

Yes, I am one of those nuts. I have no idea why I love flyball so much - maybe the team aspect, maybe the humans and dogs all working together for a common goal, maybe the competition (I am very competitive),maybe the drive for that perfect pass, maybe all the different dogs I see, maybe seeing the "light come on" for a newbie dog that has been struggling, maybe my love of sports, maybe the adrenalin rush...But I really think the reason I love it so much is well.....Look at the below shots. They confirm the #1 reason - and so does his bark before he runs.....

Jake LOVES it!








To see him happy, running, barking and enjoying the game - well yep...that is the #1 reason.

6 comments:

myspoileddogs said...

Dang I am jealous. One of these days I will be back. Well right now it feels like it will be years away.

Oh well! At least my friends are gonna be having fun this weekend.

Anonymous said...

that is so awesome!! how do you get him to stay in the lines LOL?

i wish we had stuff like that out here.

R3K9S said...

Things will work out for you MSD!

R3K9S said...

Thanks ME. Let me tell you, we had a HUGE issue with Jake crossing over into the other lane when he first started. With the help of my team mates, he has pretty much stopped that, knock on wood, except when his favorite BC is in the other lane! (knock on wood knock on wood)

G said...

Go Jake Go - and watch out, Mom might do a face plant..... ROFL

... and I remember when Mom was saying - he'll never get it, what's wrong with him - HAH!
He sure showed you.

..... and his buddy BC will be running with him this time, so he can go nip his tail.....

R3K9S said...

LOL G.
That is the reason I love flyball - face plants!

I am sure there will be a "few" tail nips by Jake this weekend - it's inevitable. After all, he is Jake the Snake ;)