Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Maddie still ill


Even with the fasting and a little hamburger she still has the runs. there was a little blood in it this morning, but with her straining that is normal.

I gave her some more puppy pepto with pedialite, rice, chicken broth, and some hamburger this morning. She wouldn't eat it...So I hand fed her and she picked out the hamburger....I think she is sick of the puppy pepto and I know she doesn't like the rice.

I have been using liver as treats for her - she is probably getting more than she should - wonder if that is causing it...

So, I called the evil vet office to see if I could pick up some Metronidazole for her without having to bring her in. I really don't want to bring her in. They called back and said I can pick some up.

She was playing her normal zoomies with Zoe this morning, so she must be feeling well. But it was weird, last night and this morning, she kept following me around like a shadow. Usually the girls don't give a rat's butt about where I am (unless they hear the keys). But as I said last night and this morning, she was glued to my hip.

I am bummed that she is ill because I don't like it when they don't feel well. Plus, I have her on a new training schedule to learn some new "moves". I really want to work with her but I don't feel comfortable pushing her when she isn't feeling well....

Oh well, it will pass....Hopefully the metronidazole will help.

2 comments:

myspoileddogs said...

Ahh poor Maddie. I am sorry she is not feeling well. I was wondering how she was doing today. Hope she will get better fast.

It always makes me sad when they don't feel well.

Anonymous said...

try some canned pumpkin... and can you give other treats then liver? give her a hug and kiss from me.