Friday, August 15, 2008

Dog/Cat Food

Shhh don't tell the DH.

I have been feeding the dogs RAW again - well just Jake and Zoe . I am only feeding it every other day and just giving them chicken quarters. It really helped Jake and his stress runs last weekend during the tournament.

Zoe's usual food in Low Fat Innova - 1 1/2 cups. And I tell you what, I have been doing really well keeping her weight down. But when I came home on Monday - she looked like porkey the pig! The DH ( and the D doesn't stand for dear) must have given her SO much human food while I was gone. He does that. He lets the dogs finish his food. UGGG. Not me. I just can't do it. So they beg at him and not at me.

Jake gets Evo (1 1/3 cup) with canned Innova. I try and keep him on the "trim" side during flyball season. Don't know how much good it does. I figure it will help his joints etc if he is a little thin.

Maddie is on Nature's Logic. I really like this food and its the only one that she really does well on. We started her on it after she was diagnosed with EPI/SIBO.

They all get additives to their dinner. Zoe gets Chondro Care for her arthritis, Vitamin E and some Salmon Oil. I also give her Vitamin C crystals
Jake gets probiotics with enzymes, Joint Formula, Vitamin E, Salmon Oil, CoQ10, Hyluronic Acid, and Vertex (two - three weeks before tournament).
Maddie gets joint formula, probiotics, Vitamin E, and Salmon Oil

Good thing I work for a vitamin company isn't it? I would be BROKE! In fact they take more supplements than I do - lol
-
The cats are currently eating California Natural. They also get canned food every other day - Holisetic Select. We did the Nature's Logic but it was TOO expensive. . But now the CN is becoming a little pricey. So time to switch again :(

Choosing dog/cat food is a hard decision. There are so many choices out there. It really becomes overwhelming....

2 comments:

myspoileddogs said...

I got a bunch of chicken leg quarters. I'm not feeding them anymore. Do you want them? Marley's vet said she should stay away from them because they are a warming meat and she is on a warming herb for her joints!!

Anonymous said...

haha.., i wont tell him.. shame on him for porking up the dogs while you were gone... mine would have done the same thing....