Monday, August 25, 2008

Animal Witness - DId you watch?

See my original post here.


I watched. Here are my thoughts;
I liked the second half better than the first half.

I closed my eyes during the fighting parts which imho they went a little far with, but I guess it needed to be shown. I cried when the one dog was whimpering and crying in the ring.
My complaint is that they interviewed people from PETA and HSUS - when in the beginning they wanted, especially PETA, for the dogs to be destroyed. PETA no like pitties - but changed their mind really fast didn't they?

I loved that they had Tim and Donna from BAD RAP on. Her closing words saying "pit bull are our teachers" made me cry.

She also said that PB want to please their owners - that is what I have found with my Maddie. She just loves to work. And she is starting to offer behaviors that get her rewarded.

I did not know that the lead detective had to go above Surrey county DA Poindexter. He was sure turning a blind eye wasn't he. Then the lead detective got canned - I felt bad for him. SO glad he went federal....If he did not the investigation would have stalled..

But, I did not understand why the lead detective said he did not think MV should be tried at the state level.

One other thing, I LOVED how the woman from ASPCA said she was sad after the MV talk, after he pleaded guilty, She said not once did he apologize for the violence he put the dogs thru or sorry for hurting the dogs.

Oh yea...

I have a break stick and a treadmill....Do I participate in dog fighting?

I wish they would have explained that just because a home has a break stick - doesn't mean that there is dogfighting present...

Miss Maddie even watched part of it. I originally kept her out of the room because she usually barks at the TV when a dog was on.
Well, I sat on the floor with her and stroked her as we watched. She did not bark or lunge at the tv. But she watched very intently and kept checking in with me via her eyes.


Overall well done - again loved the second half more than the first.


If you watched, please comment your thoughts and feelings.

Thanks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i agree , the second half was MUCH better then the first half. and peta is a joke.. talk about double standards.. i wish they showed more of the Vick dogs at the end too, and discussed how well they were doing.

myspoileddogs said...

I'd like to watch but I don't have cable. I wonder if you can watch it online.