Tuesday, July 22, 2008

PBF icon on the right

I am so stoked. I finally got a PBF icon over to the side bar on the blog! One of the mods graciously took some time to make me one that would fit on my side bar. And didn't she do an amazing job on the drawing? She is talented!

Can I tell you how much I LOVE Pit Bull Forum? It promotes responsible Bully ownership and has saved me tons of heart ache and worry. When Miss Maddie first came, her gotch day is coming up 7/26/06, I was clueless (still am in many areas). But the site has helped me not only to become a responsible PB owner, but a better dog owner in general. I know I still have ways to go, but I have also come a long way.

They are very pro-rescue. They do not allow breeder links and any mention of dog fighting etc - it gets shut down very very quick.

I use to be 100% against breeding. But, thru PBF, i have learned about RESPONSIBLE breeding. And the breeders code of ethics, health testing, breeding for the better of the breed, temperament testing, etc...

I have learned the difference between HA and DA. And the sad fact that sometimes a dog lives in so much fear (or genetic wise they are just off) that sending the dog to the bridge is the right thing to do for the dog and the breed.

I have not only learned about responsible Bully ownership but nutrition and training. And we track BSL on the site also.

I have met so many wonderful people on PBF. When Miss Maddie was ill last year, Maryellen, a long time respectable member of PBF, pushed me to have her checked for EPI or SIBO. I pushed and well, we found out she had EPI. Maryellen sent me some enzymes, the GOOD STUFF, for Miss Maddie. Now Maryellen did not know me (only from posts on PBF) and she lives in NJ. For her to help someone she doesn't even know, WOW. Not everyone would do that. Miss Maddie is back to normal (meaning she really had SIBO) Maryellen is Maddie's angel. Maryellen is a perfect example of the "spirit" on PBF.

When my other half was layed off last year at thanksgiving, I had a member wanting to send me a little something to help us have a decent Christmas..AGAIN _ WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, if you are a bully owner, this is a MUST VISIT SITE! If not, but are just curious about responsible bully ownership , maybe have a friend who needs help or etc, please share PBF with them. Just click on the icon to the right or below and you will be there!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww i am so glad i could help Miss Maddie!! and you FORGOT what you did for my dogs.. those beautiful blankets you made for them!!! I will always cherish them, and so will the doggies...


maryellen

R3K9S said...

I am so glad you all enjoy and cherish them. It was the least I could do!